Among all the variables which determine a successful growing season, access to quality nutrients is perhaps the most important. Any experienced grower can tell the difference between an outdoor crop well sown in rich nutrients, and one grown in a medium that leaves the plant wanting for more. Here are 5 reasons why using Backcountry Blend’s outdoor feed program will help you get your best harvest to date!
1. Feeding is a breeze.
Not everyone who enjoys gardening has a particular desire to constantly feed their plants nutrients. A quick application of Backcountry Blend solves this issue for the laziest of us. You only need to apply the recommended dose of slow-release fertilizer every 3-4 weeks throughout the vegetative, flowering and ripening stages of plant life.
2. It provides a steady uptake of nutrients.
As a slow-release granular blend, Backcountry Blend will not overwhelm your plants with nutrients when it is applied to your outdoor grow. We’ve taken care to ensure the macro and micronutrients are evenly dispersed over the entire fertilizer range, allowing for better and more even absorption.
3. Don’t break the bank.
Unlike some of its liquid counterparts for outdoor grows, these granular products are made to be affordable, while still providing quality sourced nutrition like a healthy dose of micronutrients with every watering. BackCountry Blend’s outdoor feed program has a staggered application rate of about once a month; and so, depending on the size of your garden, a set of this blend could potentially be used and stored for several growing seasons.
4. Keeps pH at optimal levels.
Ensuring your grow media is within the optimal pH range is essential for the uptake of nutrients. BackCountry Blend is designed to neutralize acidic soils and prevent pH issues, such as nutrient deficiencies and lockout. Using Backcountry will bring most soils into the correct pH range.
5. Boost ensures a strong finish.
Flowering plants require large amounts of phosphorus and potassium to produce large, beautiful fruits that we growers strive for. Our Backcountry Blend Boost provides exactly that: a huge spike of PK to improve yields, floral development, and overall colour and aroma.
Check out our Resource Centre for more product information
- 5 Reasons to Switch to GreenPlanet’s 3-Part Base Nutrient System3-Part nutrient programs are among the most popular fertilizers in the industry. Made for the expert grower, 3-Part systems offer plants everything they need in 3 bottles. From essential micronutrients like copper, boron, and zinc, to balanced levels of nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium, 3-Part nutrients are fed to plants in varying ratios throughout stages of propagation, growth,
- How to Prevent and Treat Root Rot in Your Hydroponic GardenRoot rot is the archnemesis of the hydroponic gardener. If left untreated, root rot (pythium) can spread like wildfire and quickly disrupt natural patterns of growth. At the extreme, rot even has the potential to devastate a crop and leave nothing but the withered and maimed structure of once happily growing plants. But how do we treat
- Massive vs PK Spike: Which One is the Right Choice for Your Grow?Contrary to popular opinion, there are no supplements that magically enhance the quality or quantity of a harvest. Fertilizers do play an important role in cultivation, but to get the most out of a garden, growers must equally rely on genetics, environmental controls, stable systems and careful management. If these controls are forgotten and plant food is